I have decided that one of my big cookie goals is to learn how to use one consistency of icing for everything from piping to filling and details so I only need one piping bag for each color. I am far from having perfected it but with this set anyway I came pretty close! I love when that happens because there are plenty of cookies that don't come close at all. :)
I shoot for a 15-20 count icing for all steps and colors.
1. Start with cookies that have a smooth, dry base-coat. I used white but of course you could put your bees on colored flowers.
2. Outline the bee's body shape in yellow.
3. Immediately fill the body and allow the body to dry for an hour or so.
4. Once the body has dried a bit outline the wings in pale grey.
5. Immediately fill the wings.
6. Let the wings dry for a couple hours before adding details in black.
That's all there is to it! They are super easy and so cute!
The bee cookies were part of a set I made for my favorite aunt for her birthday. Like me, she owns a Dachshund and she also loves all things Eeyore. So I made her Doxie cookies dressed as Eeyore just for grins!
I hope everyone is enjoying their week! The weather here has finally turned warm and it's just gorgeous!