Easy Sheep Cookies
Oh my goodness, I can't believe Easter is only three days away!? Somehow I didn't get into making many Easter cookies this year. Maybe because I made a crazy number of bunnies last year. Anyway, why should the bunny get all the love? Regardless, these little guys are cute and easy and great for the last minute!
These little sheep are super simple and you can get by with only two icing colors!
What you will need to make sheep cookies:
- scalloped cookie cutters in two sizes (or you could also use two flower cutters if you don't have scallops)
- white royal icing
- brownish black royal icing
- Start by piecing the two dough shapes together before baking.
- Outline the scallop edges with white icing leaving two gaps at the top for ears.
- Let the outline set up for a few minutes and flood in white icing. Allow the flood icing to dry for several hours or overnight.
4. Once the white icing is dry, pipe two little blobs with the brownish black icing for ears. Add eyes and a little nose too.
5. Pipe around the cookie edges and add random squiggles here and there for the look of fluffiness. You may also want to add a little bow tie just because. :)
That's it! Fast and easy and oh so cute.
Of course a few bunnies might just sneak up on you too!