Today's post is especially fun because several cookie artists decided to have a virtual baby shower for two of my favorite cookiers and I get to be a part of it! Both Georganne from LilaLoa and Callye from SweetSugarBelle recently had baby girls on the same day if you can believe it. Since both of these fabulous cookie gurus are "cookie queens" their little girls are sure to be cookie princesses.
I wanted to bring a little inspiration from both artists for this set and when I think of Georganne and Callye's cookie styles I think creative cutter re-purposing, bold color and a touch of silliness.
I used a basic carrot cookie cutter to make my baby Princess cookies. The carrot turned out to be the perfect shape for the crown and the swaddled baby and if you don't happen to have a carrot cutter this is just the right time of year to find one. My carrot cutters were both a little long so I simply trimmed the point off the carrot before baking.
- Start by filling the face shape in flesh-toned royal icing. If you feel you need a guide to get the head the right shape and size then make a paper template and trace the head onto your cookie first.
- Allow the face to dry for a little bit and then add the blanket in sections letting each section dry for a couple minutes before you add the next.
- Add the crown in gold royal icing and let the cookies dry for several hours or overnight.
Once the base has dried add a few piping details to bring the cookies to life. That's all there is to making the Princess cookies, not too difficult right? Of course every royal baby also needs a throne. Callye has designed some of her own cookie cutters and I used her bus cookie cutter to make the thrones.
To make the throne cookies:
- Start by piping the sections of the throne
- Then fill one section at a time allowing each one to dry for a few minutes before filling the next to create dimension between the "cushions".
- Allow the cushion sections to dry for a while and then add the arm rests and feet in gold royal icing. Let the cookies dry for several hours or overnight.
- Finish up the thrones with a few simple piping details.
Be sure to check out all the royal cuteness these other fantastic cookie artist made for the virtual baby shower. They are so sweet I almost can't stand it!
1. Sweet Ambs
2. Jill FCS
3. The Decorated Cookie
4. Klickitat Street
5. Semi Sweet
6. Simply Sweets by Honey Bee
7. Make Me Cake Me
9. Montreal Confections
10. The Partiologist
11. Munchkin Munchies
12. The Cookie Puzzle
14. Chapix Cookies
15.Ali Bee's Bakeshop
I'd like to give a big Congratulations to both Callye and Georganne on the births of their sweet little girls and thank everyone else for stopping by!